Last week, we attended the Content Strategy Forum 2016 and spent a thoroughly interesting, informative few days brushing up on the latest insights from the global content strategy community. Better yet, we feel very privileged to have gotten a special mention from one of the presenters: our client, Suncorp Group.
David Kennedy and Paul Foster presented Designing content with purpose: A case study on a new approach to content, in which Avion was thanked for its involvement in establishing this process.
To read about some of the work we’ve been doing with Suncorp, check out the case studies below:
- Suncorp: Where copywriting & project management meet
- GIO: User acceptance testing with eagle eyes
Just a few more highlights from the Content Strategy Forum
- “Just when you think you’ve mastered your craft, things will change.”
– Nigel Dalton (REA Group) on the future of content and technology (pictured above)
- “Nobody wants you to tell them what’s wrong. They want you to tell them how to be more awesome.”
– Kristina Halvorsen (Brain Traffic) on the role of content strategists in the working world
- “Acknowledge ambiguity and reward learning to build leadership.”
– Jonathan Colman (Facebook) on solving big problems
- “We should be asking ourselves, ‘What are they looking for that we have?’ Not, ‘What do we have that they want?’”
– Hilary Marsh (The Content Company) on creating content that connects with customers
- “We ask the hard questions that create positive change.”
– Michael Metts (The Nerdery) on how content strategists contribute to success
‘Till next time!
Best wishes, Natalie & the Avion team
Content tips & tricks
PENGUIN 4.0: HOW THE REAL-TIME PENGUIN-IN-THE-CORE-ALG MODEL CHANGES SEO – WHITEBOARD FRIDAY
Rand explains Penguin’s past, present, and future, offers his analysis of the rollout so far, and gives advice for going forward (hint: never link spam).
AIRBNB: HOW ITS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE IS REVOLUTIONISING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY
Airbnb started in 2008. Since then, the company has come a long way. Here’s how Airbnb is shaping the future of the travel industry.
HOW TO START A SMALL BUSINESS: WITH ENTREPRENEUR NICK BELL
By Shuttle Rocket
How does a young 20-something from country Victoria make it big? In this article, Nick shares with us his 7 top tips on how to start a small business.
HOW TO AVOID TROUBLESOME LANGUAGE
By Avion Communications
As writer Mary Norris implies in her renowned TED talk, it can be difficult to know how to correctly spell a word, write a sentence or, simply, use the English language. So what can you do about it?